Wednesday, April 23, 2014

All Blissed Out

There's still wayyyyyy too much chocolate around at work at the moment, and it's taking every morsel of will power for me not to have any as I know that as soon as I have one I'm done for. I am in awe of those responsible (and just a little bit weird) folk who can eat just one square of chocolate, and put the rest of the bar in the fridge for later, or tomorrow, or next week.
These chocolate bliss balls are my favourite sweet snack at the moment to get me through the 3o'clock munchies at work, or after a run, or whenever I'm peckish . The two main ingredients are raw almonds, so a great natural source of protein and healthy fat, and dates for sweetness.

Bliss Balls
2 cups raw almonds
2 cups dates (without stones!)
1/4 cup dark cocoa
1/4 cup coconut milk
1/2 cup dessicated coconut


Chuck all the ingredients in a food processor and whizz until the mixture starts sticking together.
Form the mixture into balls, and refridgerate.


The recipe here is a coconut/chocolate version, but you can add in/leave out whatever takes your fancy. I made a batch last week flavoured with cinnamon and orange juice & zest. Admittedly they're not a very pretty snack, but the taste makes up for the ugliness.

No comments:

Post a Comment